Study In USA

Study. Work. Live in USA

If you thought about studying in the USA, you may have paused when you saw the price tag associated with your degree. Many colleges and universities have expensive tuition rates, especially for international students who pay out of state tuition. Tuition rates have been growing steadily year after year, and this does not even include the added cost for books, health insurance, room and board, and transportation.

Earn Money While Earning a Degree

Working while studying can be a great opportunity to earn money while in the US, and international students can expect to make at least minimum wage. Although this will not be enough to fund all of your education it can certainly help offset the cost. Before participating in a Work Study program it’s important to also make sure you understand the demands of your courses and manage your schedule. Along with providing you extra cash and experience on your resume, Work Study programs allow you the opportunity to practice English in a professional environment, helping you to prepare for work after college.

How to get started?

  • F-1 student visa
  • M-1 student visa
  • J-1 exchange visitor visa

Different student visas have different rules and limits for allowing international students to pick up part-time jobs during their course of study in the US. In order to work while study in US, you must fulfill the following criteria:

  • Hold a valid F-1, M-1 or J-1 student visa.
  • Be enrolled in a US institution approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Programme and Immigration & Customs Enforcement.
  • Have authorization by the Designated School Official (DSO) on your Form I-201D or have received Form I-766, also known as the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to be authorized to work during studies in the US.
  • Must have completed one year of study in the US to be eligible for off-campus employment under the F-1 visa.
  • Your off-campus employment under F-1 or M-1 visa must be related to your area of study and be authorised beforehand by the DSO (person authorised to maintain the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS)) and USCIS.

    Name *

    Email *

    Visa Type *